Aloe Vera is widely used for face and in the manufacture of cosmetics and skin related products. It is also used in preparing face mask for facials.
Using Aloe Vera for face has the following special features
- Aloe offers excellent properties to the skin like providing moisturizer, nourishing of skin and smoothness of skin. It contains essential nutrients that are needed for nourishing the skin. It keeps the skin hydrated and maintains the natural firmness of the skin.
- Aloe prevents wrinkle formation and skin sagging by improving collagen level. It also prevents formation of wrinkles and lines in the face.
- Aloe cures Acne
- Some people may experience sunburn due to excessive heat. Applying Aloe gel reduces the pain and swelling by acting as a protective layer over the skin.
How to Use Aloe Vera for Face
You can take the Aloe Vera gel from the plant directly and apply it over the face by gently massaging. This can be done before going to sleep. The same can be done before going out in the sun. The gel acts as a sunscreen and moisturizer and prevents skin from aging.
Instead of applying Aloe Vera gel directly on the face, equal quantity of honey and aloe gel can be mixed and applied on the face. You can leave it for 15 minutes and then wash it with warm water.
Aloe Vera can also be used as an aftershave lotion. It has the property to cure small cuts that are caused due to shaving. The gel can also be used to remove warts which fall in a few days of application of Aloe Gel.
Aloe Vera as a face mask
Take about a teaspoon of sugar, Aloe Vera gel from the plant leaf and half a spoon of milk. First mix milk with sugar till sugar gets completely dissolved. Then add Aloe Vera gel with the above mixture. The Aloe Vera face mask is ready. Apply it over the face and leave it for 5 minutes. Than wash it off with a wet cloth
Benefits of Using Aloe Vera
- Aloe Vera is good for dry skin. It moisturizes the skin, acts as a facial lotion and keeps the skin shining.
- During winter season, use of Aloe mask helps to hydrate the skin and prevents it from drying.
- After sunbathing, Aloe Vera can be used as face mask.
- Aloe Vera can be allergic to some people. To test the sensitivity of the skin, apply a small portion of the gel on a small portion of the skin like arms or behind ear, etc. If you are allergic, it may create patches and you can decide not to use Aloe Vera in any form for your skin.