What is Acid reflux or GERD?
Many people experience a lot of problems due to indigestion. A typical such problem is heartburn which is experience by about 20 percent of the people about once in a week. Some people experience such heartburns very frequently. This leads to an advanced stage of the problem called as Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD).
Symptoms of GERD
Those suffering from GERD experience a lot of symptoms. Some of them are:
- Frequent haerburns
- Chest pain
- Acid taste in the mouth
- A sudden upsurge of acid like irritation from the stomach up above the food tract till the mouth
- Irritation or pain along the Oesophagus
- Difficult to swallow food due to a lump feeling
Aloe Vera Juice in treating GERD or Acid Reflux
Aloe Vera juice a very good home remedy for acid reflux / GERD problems. Consume about a quarter cup of Aloe Vera juice about half an hour before having meals. The juice stimulates the immune system with the help of Polysaccharides and glycoproteins contained in them.
You can also use the Aloe gel concentrate and mix it with juice and consume it. The juice can be any fruit juice like apple, orange, grapes, etc. This gives a good taste rather than the raw Aloe Vera juice.
If you are very allergic to Aloe vera, either in raw form or in the form of juice, you can prefer to have Aloe Vera capsules. You can take capsules 2 or 3 times a day before having food.
- Avoid consuming the Aloe gel directly from the plant, since care should be taken not to consume the latex. Latex is not good for our body and infects the kidneys.
- Aloe should be consumed in small quantities.
- Some people are allergic to Aloe. It might cause diarrhea. Such people can consume mint or lemon to subside the Aloe side effect.